Livermore's HPC Ecosystem
Built on Experience and Expertise
Companies have access to the nation’s leading high performance computing (HPC) resources at LLNL to accelerate their research and development, solve high-impact business problems and gain competitive advantages. We've built a world-class HPC ecosystem to address a diverse range of complex computational challenges critical to national and international concerns:
- Advanced supercomputing architectures 5 to 15 years ahead of industry capabilities
- Massive Linux clusters achieving many hundreds of teraflop/s
- Progressive, high-memory big data architectures
- State-of-the-art visualization hardware and software for 2D and 3D data analysis
- Archival data storage in the hundreds of petabytes range
- Highly-scalable scientific, algorithmic and application software codes
- Broad population of leading domain science, engineering, and computational experts
- HPC facilities with award-winning electrical, mechanical and structural design
- Customer training and 24/7 operations support
Our broad, robust ecosystem keeps us at the vanguard of computing. With it, we have both a long history and a promising future of turning compute cycles into science and solutions.
Computing Assets Available for Industry
At Livermore, the high-performance computing (HPC) includes more than 25 systems for parallel numerical simulations, visualization, and data analytics backed by several massive parallel file systems and storage archives. Below is just a sample of the type of resources available.